The residential Aldermarsh workshop, “TOGETHER – Encounter Fundamentals” will be June 20 – 23, 2019.
“ We were together. I forget the rest.” — Walt Whitman
This will be our 22nd residential Aldermarsh workshop. Come and dance amidst the beauty and peace of these 16 acres on Whidbey Island, WA.
June 20 -23, 2019, we will explore “Together”. During four days of dancing, eating and living together, we will enter the rich territory of togetherness. Together has so many meanings: jointly, closely, as one, with each other. This is the path of understanding, love, communion and very deeply, of resilience.
Our intentions in “TOGETHER” will be to:
- learn and explore Encounter Fundamentals, while being supported by the Open Floor movement practice.
- open up the concept of bodhicitta: ”our innate ability to go beyond bias, beyond prejudice and fixed opinions and open our hearts.” Pema Chodron
- work with intention and strong focus and then move into dissolve.
- free ourselves from believing that our happiness is contingent on anything other than our own awareness.
- explore resilience and what it means for our lives and our own personal expansion.
A comment from a 2017 Aldermarsh dancer:
“The Aldermarsh workshop was a perfect mix of containment and exploration, allowing me to touch a deep, yet light, way of being. There was a lot of laughter, and at the same time, Christine was able to guide the group into profound awareness. As a teacher and a person, Christine knows how to navigate this journey to connection, resilience and peace.”
DATE: June 20-23, 2019
TIME: 10:00am on Thursday to 3pm on Sunday.
TUITION: The Early Bird tuition is $895, if paid in full by May 1, 2019. After May 1, 2019, the tuition is $935. This tuition is ALL-INCLUSIVE and includes the 4 day workshop, 3 locally-sourced meals/day and 3 nights of lodging.
For more information, contact Christine at email@example.com
Aldermarsh Retreat Center